Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011





Well, I have been at the farm working at work and working on the house. I have only been able to spend about 3-4 hours a day 'cause I am also working at my real job too. I finished the bead board on the porch left side. I also ran the electrical for the two flood lights on the roof corners. I realized I forgot the right side before I put in the bead board and closed in the ceiling area. That caused me to crawl in the roof space to run the cable. Fortunately I remembered the floodlights before I finished the left side, so I ran that cable while I ran the porch lights.

In addition to the bead board, I framed in three of the beams; the left porch front and rear beam and the gable rear beam. I have two more to finish; the front gable beam and the rear right porch beam. After I finish those two I will begin to frame in the gable ceiling. The top photo is a closer shot of the left side bead board and the new beams, plus you can see the electrical wire I ran. Below is a front elevation photo of the porch at this time...you can see the two sections with bead board installed and the new beams. By the way, Tuesday afternoon, the wind kicked up to about 20 mph, so it was fun positioning those 1"X12" 12' facing boards up 10 feet. Reminded me of trying to cross Seawall Blvd. in Galveston with our rented surf boards back in the '60's.



No comments:

Post a Comment