Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Continued Installing the Bead Board


This table was the most significant accomplishment from this weekend. It resulted in a 300% productivity improvement. That is a pretty good continuous improvement result! (Not bad for a quality guy!) I made the table for two purposes, obviously for a work table, and most importantly to stand on so I can reach the ceiling joist. It took me less than an hour to build the table from scrap wood I had stored in the barn, which made it even better.

Last weekend I spent all day putting up 10 strips of bead board by myself, and as I said earlier, in a 20 mph wind with gust over 40 mph! With a similar wind Saturday, I installed 34 boards to finish the section, plus I roughed in the electrical (wire and boxes) for two ceiling lights. I built the table 42" high so that my spectacular bodacious 6' frame could reach the joists and nail the bead boards. Above is the finished ceiling on the right side. I installed the two ceiling light fixtures and wired them up. That 100 year old bead board will really give the porch some character!



I have the left porch ceiling ready for the bead board now. I added the 12" front beam Sunday and the laths, and then moved all the bead board to the other side of the porch to clean up the work area. But it is ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment